Tasting Bar & Events Manager
We are looking for the right person more than the “right” background. If you love hosting, party planning, organizing the chaos, being part of a rad team (and have a passion for delicious, handcrafted spirits) please, get in touch!
The Tasting Bar & Events Manager staffs and oversees the distillery Tasting Bar and runs our private events program. This is a great opportunity for someone with a modest background, or strong interest, in hospitality to learn and thrive with a growing small business. We’re less concerned with your specific experience and more interested in how you are a great fit for our small, but fun, community.
Tasting Bar: Serve as the key onsite brand ambassador, ensuring that all distillery visitors have an excellent experience, guiding patrons in tasting our collection of spirits, leading tours of our production facility and managing merchandise in the Tasting Bar.
Events Program: We’re looking for someone to really “own” this role. Responsibility begins with first contact with client though managing day-of operations. Other responsibilities include: drafting quotes and agreements; coordinating with clients and event vendors during the planning phase; cocktail menu planning; executing the event with bar staff and assuring client is satisfied.
Marketing & Office Administration: This person will also have the opportunity to work closely with the Marketing Director to learn and contribute to basic marketing and brand management activities. In particular outreach for the Events Program and contributions to social media. A few hours of office administration work is also optional.
Hours & Schedule: 25-35 hours per week. Some hours may be worked remotely. Bar Manager must work most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 11:30-6 when the bar is open (there is some flexibility with these days). Must also be available to work private events (1-3 per month); hours vary, mostly weekends and evenings. Administrative work schedule is flexible; must work at least 1 day onsite at distillery Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- Natural people person with an enthusiasm for hosting
- Superb communication skills
- DETAIL ORIENTED! Must love to plan and organize
- Proven ability to work with little supervision and follow directions
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and move cases of spirits frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to organize inventory and merchandise
- Knowledge of, or eagerness to learn about, craft spirits, the spirit making process and the art of the cocktail
- Must live in or near Petaluma, CA. Relocation expenses will not be covered
ADDITIONALLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Desire in being part of a start-up/ building something new
- Experience in event management
- Aptitude for analyzing (sales) metrics to inform decision making
- Bartending or culinary experience
- Experience in the Northern California restaurant/beverage industry
- Interested & familiarity with social media for business
- Hourly, DOE, plus tips
- Commission on private events and opportunity for additional income as events program grows
- Unfortunately, we are not able to offer health benefits at this time
For the right person who is dedicated and willing to show up consistently and work hard, there will definitely be room for growth in the future. No phone calls please.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. The Cover Letter must explain why you are a great fit for this particular position. We will not consider applications without a Cover Letter or with a generic Cover Letter.
ABOUT GRIFFO DISTILLERY:
We are an award-winning, small-batch distillery looking for a driven, outgoing and spirit loving person to become a core member of our growing team. Griffo Distillery and Tasting Bar is located in Petaluma, CA, at the heart of Sonoma County’s growing craft beverage district. Open to the public three days a week, we offer hand-crafted specialty cocktails, guided tastings of our collection of spirits, tours of our grain-to-glass production, as well as private event rental of our entire 6,000 square foot distillery for wedding parties, corporate events and more!