Tasting Bar Associate (On-Call/Part Time)
The Tasting Bar Associate serves as the onsite brand ambassador, ensuring that all distillery visitors have an excellent experience. The Tasting Bar Associate is responsible for guiding patrons in tasting our collection of spirits, leading tours of our production facility when needed, tending bar and mixing cocktails, working special events, all on a fill-in and as-needed basis.
Email resume, short cover letter and at least 3 professional references
to: tastingbar (at) griffodistillery.com
Subject line: Tasting Bar Associate
This position’s main responsibilities are:
- Be available on an as-needed and on-call basis for special events and working in the tasting bar. (Usually 1 to 3 events/shifts a month.)
- Provide warm, convivial, educational experience to all Tasting Bar patrons
- Lead public tours and tastings
- Be an active, creative contributor to the onsite distillery experience and company in general.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work on an on-call basis, or short notice.
- Natural people person with a fondness for hosting.
- Experience in food service/hospitality/bar-tending/brewery/distillery.
- Proven ability to work with little supervision and follow directions.
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humor plus be 21+ years of age.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and move cases of spirits frequently.
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to organize inventory and merchandise.
- Knowledge of, or eagerness to learn about, craft spirits, the spirit making process and the art of the cocktail.
- Must live in or near Petaluma, CA. Relocation expenses will not be covered.
Additionally desired qualifications:
- Experience in guiding tours of any sort a plus
- Experience in the Northern California restaurant/beverage industry
- Experience in customer service or host services
- Desire to be a part of a start up
No phone calls please.
Job Type: This is a Part-time and sometimes On-Call position. Approximately 8-15 hours per month, must be able to work any day of the week that may need coverage, hours range from 11:30 am to 9 pm, depending on event. Most shifts will be weekend and/or evening.