Tasting Bar Manager
The Tasting Bar Manager serves as the key onsite brand ambassador, ensuring that all distillery visitors have an excellent experience. The Bar Manager is responsible for overseeing and staffing our Tasting Bar and Distillery Tour Programs, guiding patrons in tasting our collection of spirits, leading tours of our production facility, creating a rotating cocktail menu, and managing our small Griffo Shop. This person will also have the opportunity to work closely with the Marketing Director to learn and contribute to basic marketing and brand management activities. This is an entry-level position with opportunity for the right candidate to learn on the job.
Email resume and short cover letter to: info (at) griffodistillery.com
Subject line: Tasting Bar Manager Application
This position’s main responsibilities are:
- Provide warm, convivial, educational experience to all Tasting Bar patrons
- Staff Tasting Bar Friday – Sunday, 11:30-6:30 (open 12-6pm)
- Develop and implement a small, creative cocktail menu
- Manage Bar inventory and basic purchasing
- Lead public tours and tastings
- Manage and improve upon Griffo Shop merchandise program
- Drive Tasting Bar and Shop sales
- Run and update POS system
- Support and staff private events (about 1-2 per month)
- Support Marketing Director in Tasting Bar promotion (as time permits)
- Be an active, creative contributor to the onsite distillery experience and company in general.
- Natural people person with a fondness for hosting
- Experience in food service/hospitality (bar or restaurant preferred)
- Proven ability to work with little supervision and follow directions
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and move cases of spirits frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to organize inventory and merchandise
- Knowledge of, or eagerness to learn about, craft spirits, the spirit making process and the art of the cocktail
- Must live in or near Petaluma, CA. Relocation expenses will not be covered
Additionally desired qualifications:
- Interest in/desire to learn marketing for small, F&B brand
- Experience in guiding tours of any sort a plus
- Aptitude for analyzing (sales) metrics to inform decision making a plus
- Bartending or culinary experience a plus
- Experience in the Northern California restaurant/beverage industry
- Desire to be a part of a start up
For the right person who is dedicated and willing to show up consistently and work hard, there will definitely be room for growth in the future. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, must be able to work Friday - Sunday 11:30am - 6:30pm.